Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Trains, Trains & More Trains!!!!

First, let me thank everyone who was generous enough to purchase Clayton TONS of Fisher-Price train accessories for previous Christmas' and Birthday's. We have hundreds now. On that note, PLEASE STOP! I cannot take anymore. For the last 2 days we have done nothing but assemble tracks and reassemble tracks. And not only are there tracks...there are station houses, cranes, mountains, bridges, trees, signs, you name it! Fisher-Price did not cut any corners on this! And I think we only have about half of the set! So all day long we play trains. I should state that I am not quite the "Trackmaster" that Brian is. He sets them up into neat configurations in about 10 minutes. It takes me hours and Clayton is constantly following behind rearranging everything because I didn't do it right. He 100% knows how to set these tracks up so I don't know why he wants my help! And this little train set sucks AAA batteries like you would not believe! Ugh..children's toys. And we have a birthday in 2 weeks! On another note, I should state that Emma also LOVES the train set as well as the airport that comes with it. I think that she has officially crossed the line into annoying little sister! She gets over to the track and starts pulling the tracks apart, ripping the planes off the airport (I think that is her favorite!), and stealing the engines. Clayton has zero patience for this. He tries giving her rattles and other "baby" toys but she will not be pacified by anything but pieces of the train set. When Clay tries to take back his toys she holds on with a near death grip as he's trying to pry her fingers off. Meanwhile, she is screeching her little head off and kicking her feet. It is definitely time to go outside and play where they can't harrass each other.

P.S. All things aside, I would actually highly recommend this little train set to any child in the 2-5 yr old range. It's wonderful, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home