Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Eight Months Old Today!



Little Emma Grace is 8 Months Old today! Where did the last year and half ago? I do not remember when it was just Brian and I. And I barely remember when it was just the three of us...Brian, Clay and myself. I thought that going from one child to two would be this huge, overwhelming adjustment. It hasn't been. From the day she came home, Emma blended right in as part of our family. She is a good baby - but not as good as everyone would like to believe! My sister Tasha calls her the "Baby Diva" and it fits her 100%. It's Emma's way or the highway (I frequently ask myself why of all traits, did BOTH of my children have to inherit that one from me!!!) I swear Clayton slept better than she does at night. I screwed her up somewhere because she slept alot better when we first brought her home. Teething has not been the most pleasant either. She's got 2 teeth on the bottom and if this morning has been any indication, the top is starting. What a little crab! I might have given her to the first person that came to our door. Luckily she just got mad and went to sleep for a couple hours. Now she is happily playing away, feeding her face with graham crackers and watching her brother jump on the bed. I just can't believe she is 8 Months Old. We have so many big "Firsts" coming up - crawling, walking, talking....I can't wait. It's amazing to watch the world through your children's eyes. Everything takes on new wonder - rainstorms have a been a big fascination for both of them as of late. Everything that we take for granted is new to them. On the other hand, I'd just like her to stay little forever. She's going to be at the Prom before we know it.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home